Innovation Challenge 2019 is organised by School of Civil engineering, KIIT University to provide all the students an opportunity to exercise critical thinking and build open ended problem solving skill sets. The competition is made extremely student friendly by restricting entries with traditional processes and procedures. The challenge is open particularly to the creative and innovative student community and offers the platform to work either as a team or as an individual.
We invite your innovative ideas in any of the four categories
- ‘Product innovation’ – changes in the products/services which we offer.
- ‘Process innovation’ – changes in the ways in which products and services are created or delivered
- ‘Position innovation’ – changes in the context in which the products/services are framed and communicated
- ‘Paradigm innovation’ – changes in the underlying mental models which shape what our industry does
Participants can opt to present their innovative ideas in any of the following themes
- Structural Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Water Resource Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Transport Engineering
- Construction Planning and Management
Rules and Regulation:
- All participants shall have to register for the event with a title in the registration link given below.
- There is no standard template for the submission. The submission could be a sketch, text not exceeding 200 words, drawing, poster, model, computer graphic or CAD drawing etc.
- Innovation submissions shall be presented as an individual submission or as a team.
- There shall be no restriction in the number of submissions a team or individual can present.
- Any specific copy right issues will have to be raised to the technical excellence group in advance of the presentation.
- Work should not be copied from net or any source, if referred then citation must included. All submissions shall be authentic. Copied/theft work leads to disqualification.
- If engineering and technology is involved then it shall have additional weightage.
Method of Evaluation:
- The submission shall be displayed in the school’s conference room for a week and each participant will be expected to run a commentary on the first day during lunch hour to each of the viewers as required. Further questions can be raised through email.
- Each submission will be electronically captured and reviewed by a special Innovation evaluation panel and the best submission shall be considered for development.
The best entry shall be selected, and the candidate shall be placed on the priority list for training, higher studies and employment opportunities.
Start of Registration: 9th March 2019
End of Registration: 22nd March 2019 5;00pm
Submission: 25th March 2019 11:00am
Exhibition and Presentation of Ideas: 27th March 2019 (10 AM, Conference Hall-Campus 3)
Announcement of Result: 29th March 2019
Prof. Sananda Sarkar SCE
Mail: [email protected]