Sananda Sarkar holds a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in Civil Engineering from Bengal Engineering & Science University, Shibpur (presently IIEST, Shibpur) and IIT Kanpur respectively. She has four years of industrial experience before joining KIIT as Assistant professor. Appointed as Assistant Design Engineer in GSE & C India Pvt. Ltd. (Leading South Korean firm), Gurgaon, she was assigned in RUWAIS 4TH NGL TRAIN Project by Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC). At that time she gained knowledge in design of pipe rack, steel and R.C.C structure, foundation for various industrial equipment. She was also involved in design and project management of many urban water supply & sanitation project in India during her career in GKW consult (Lahmeyer Group, Head office-Germany). She is currently teaching Environmental Engineering, Advance Surveying and Civil engineering materials and construction in KIIT. Her research interests primarily focus on modeling and understanding the impacts of climate change on water resources, watershed modeling, hydrological process research, river dynamics, chemical transport and pollution risk assessment, remote sensing & GIS applications.
1. Whitehead, P. G., Sarkar, S., Jin, L., Futter, M. N., Caesar, J., Barbour, E., Butterfield, D., Sinha, R., Nicholls, R., Hutton, C. & Leckie, H. D. “Dynamic modeling of the Ganga River System: Impacts of future climate and socio-economic change on flows and nitrogen fluxes in India and Bangladesh”. Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts, vol. 17, (2015), pp. 1082.
2. Whitehead, P. G., Barbour, E., Futter, M. N., Sarkar, S., Rodda, H., Caesar, J., Butterfield, D., Jin, L., Sinha, R., Nicholls, R.J., & Salehin, M. “Impacts of Climate Change and Socio-Economic Scenarios on Flow and Water Quality of the Ganga, Brahmaputra and Meghna River Systems: Low Flow and Flood Statistics.” Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts, vol. 17 (2015), pp. 1057.
3. Jin, L., Whitehead, P. G., Sarkar, S., Sinha, R., Futter, M. N., Butterfield, D. & Caesar, J. “Assessing the Impacts of Climate Change and Socio-economic Changes on Flow and Phosphorus Flux in the Ganga River System.” Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts, vol. 17 (2015), pp. 1098.
4. Futter, M. N., Whitehead, P. G., Sarkar, S., Roddad, H. & Crossman, J. “Rainfall runoff modelling of the Upper Ganga and Brahmaputra basins using PERSiST.” Environmental Science: Processes & Impacts, vol. 17 (2015), pp. 1070.
5. Khan, S., Sinha, R., Whitehead, P.G., Sarkar, S., Jin,L. & Futter, M. N. “Flows and sediment dynamics in the Ganga River under present and future climate scenarios.” Hydrological Sciences Journal, vol. 63 (2018), pp. 763-782.
6. Whitehead, P. G., Jin, L., Macadam, I., Janes, T., Sarkar, S., Rodda, H. J.E., Sinha, R., Nicholls, R. J. “Modelling impacts of climate change and socio-economic change on the Ganga, Brahmaputra, Meghna, Hooghly and Mahanadi river systems in India and Bangladesh.” Science of the Total environment, vol. 636 (2018), pp. 1362-1372.
7. Jin, L., Whitehead, P. G., Rodda, H., Macadam, I., Sarkar, S., “Simulating climate change and socio-economic change impacts on flows and water quality in the Mahanadi River system, India.” Science of the Total environment, vol. 637-638 (2018), pp. 907-917.