Bachelor of Technology (B. Tech.) in Civil Engineering
The B. Tech Program in Civil Engineering was launched during 1997 with an intake of 60 students p.a. Till 2003 the institute was affiliated to Utkal University. The affiliation was changed to Biju Pattnaik University of technology during 2003, when all technical institutes of the state (ODISHA) were brought under single technical University. Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology (KIIT) was awarded Deemed-to-be-University status under Section 3 of University Grants Commission (UGC) Act during 2004. NBA has granted Tier-I accreditation (under Washington Accord) to the B. Tech Program in Civil Engineering offered by the School of Civil Engineering, KIIT.
School of Civil Engineering is currently imparting four-year B. Tech in Civil Engineering and two-year M. Tech in Civil Engineering in four specializations. Besides it also offers one-year PG Diploma in Construction Management and Infrastructure Development. The School also offers Doctoral research program.
- PEO 1: To lead a successful career in industries or pursue higher studies or entrepreneurial endeavours
- PEO 2: To offer techno-commercially feasible and socially acceptable solutions to real life engineering problems.
- PEO 3: To demonstrate effective communication skill, professional attitude and a desire to learn.
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to solve complex problems in civil engineering.
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex civil engineering problems using first principle of mathematics, basic science & engineering.
- Ability to design, implement & evaluate civil engineering projects to meet societal and environmental needs.
- Ability to design and conduct complex civil engineering experiments as well as to analyze and interpret the experimental data.
- Ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for relevant engineering practices.
- Ability to assess impact of contemporary social issues on professional practice.
- Ability to recognize the sustainability and environmental impact of the engineering solutions.
- Ability to follow prescribed norms, responsibilities and ethics in engineering practices.
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and in a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively through oral, written and pictorial means with engineering community and the society at large.
- Ability to recognize the need for and to engage in life-long learning.
- Ability to understand and apply engineering and management principles in executing projects.
- Ability to select and utilize sustainable low cost alternate materials contributing to environment friendly construction practices.
- Ability to understand and adopt methodologies and actions for sustainable environment.
- Ability to understand and develop strategies for sustainable water resources in the context of climate change.