Benu Gopal Mohapatra
Dr. Benu Gopal Mohapatra is currently working as a Professor & Director in School of Civil Engineering, He is actively involved in developing various industry oriented elective subjects at Under graduate and post graduate level. Also he was instrumental to launch a post graduate diploma program in Construction Management & Infrastructure Diploma program in School of Civil Engineering in 2017 in association with Simplex Infrastructures Ltd. He has obtained a PhD in Geotechnical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay in the year 2001. After PhD, he has around 10 years of professional experience in leading Geotechnical Design & Consultancy firms such as Atkins Global Ltd. London, UK, L&T (ECC) â€“ both in Dubai & India, Delhi Underground Metro Corridor â€“ MC1B and Fugro Geotech Ltd out of which he has served more than 6 years in Overseas prior to the academic career. During his tenure in Atkins Global Ltd in the UK as a Geotechnical Engineer, he has successfully delivered several foundation/geotechnical solutions as a lead designer for Crossrail London Rail Ltd, London Underground, Network Rail, UK, M50 Slope Widening Options, Ireland, raft foundation design for Sales Centre-Jumeirah Garden City Dubai for Meraas Development, Dubai. Presently he is actively involved in many challenging consultancy projects in Odisha as well as outside Odisha and executed projects with advanced technologies in Odisha state for National Highway, NBCC, ITDA etc.
Scopus Id :
PhD in Geotechnical Engineering , IIT Bombay
Member of Institute of Civil Engineers, UK, British Geotechnical Society, UK Fellow Member, Institution of Engineers & Indian Geotechnical Society, India.
1. Interference of two shallow square footings on geogrid reinforced crusher dust, Sustainable Construction and Building Materials, Lecture Notes in Civil Engineering book series (LNCE, volume 25, December 2018), Springer pp 41-60
2. Gauss Integration Based Approach for the Establishment of Top Flow Line and Seepage Analysis in Homogeneous Earth Embankment Dams, International Journal of Advanced Structures & Geotechnical Engineering, ISSN2319-5347, Vol. 7, Issue 1, Jan-2018, pp.1-12.
3. Strains induced around cutoff walls of earth dam under full reservoir and drawdown conditions, Lowland Technology International, Volume 18, Issue 4, March 2017, Pages 297-304
4. Creating sustainable environment using smart materials in smart structures, Indian Journal of Science and Technology, 9(30), 2016
5. Computation of passive pressure coefficients: for a horizontal cohesionless backfill with surcharge using method of slices, International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 2014, pp 1-5 (W. S. Maney & Son Ltd Publication, UK)
6. Computation of Passive Earth Pressure Coefficients for a Horizontal Cohesionless Backfill Using the Method of Slices, International Journal of Advanced Civil Engineering and Architecture Research 2013, Volume 2, Issue 1, pp. 32-41, Article ID Tech-131
7. Emerging Trend in Deep Basement Construction Top-Down Technique (February, 2013), IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (Civil group), Vol. 5, 1-11.
8. A new approach for the computation of bearing capacity factor Nc â€“ Terzaghi and Prandtl mechanisms, (July 2013), International Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, Vol. 7, No.3, pp. 304-309 (W. S. Maney & Son Ltd Publication, UK).
9. Computation of Bearing Capacity Factor Nq â€“ Terzaghi And Prandtl Mechanism (Asean Journal of Science and Technology for Development, AJSTD Vol. 25 Issue 2, June 2008)
10. Computation of Bearing Capacity Factor Nï§ - Prandtl's mechanism, International Journal of Soils and Foundations, Japan, Vol 43, No.2, June 2003.
11. Computation of Bearing Capacity Factor Nï§ - Terzaghi's mechanism (Vol 3, No 1/ 2, Sept 2003, International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE)